• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Break Lease due to transfer of rental agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hjm1225

I'm in California.

Basically I'd like to get out of my lease due to some family issues. My lease agreement is signed with one company but a few months ago another company purchased the property. I haven't signed a rental agreement with this new company. Is the old rental agreement still binding?

HomeGuru

I'm in California.

Basically I'd like to get out of my lease due to some family issues. My lease agreement is signed with one company but a few months ago another company purchased the property. I haven't signed a rental agreement with this new company. Is the old rental agreement still binding?
**A: yes it is.

LindaP777

Yes. The new owner bought all the leases with the property. At closing, all the secuirty deposits were transferred to the new owner, so you will get it back from them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">