• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Break lease for job transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

transferred

My wife and I signed a one year lease in New Mexico last February with an individual homeowner. My company has notified me that I am being transferred to CA for nine to fifteen months, then will return to NM. What are our financial responsibilities regarding this lease? Can we break the lease for a job transfer?

M

mary hartman

NO you cant......

Butthe landlord must re rent asap, and you will owe rent untill it is re rented. So have him advertise the apartment, and have him show it while you are still there and get someone to sign a new lease.

So unless there is a penalty in the lease, figure losing your security, unless someone moves in the same day you move out..

Its just another added cost of a job transfer.....and must be figured into your lifestyle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">