• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breaking a lease because of job relocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jan1650

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My employment has recently been terminated and I was unable to secure new employment in the Chicago area. I have been offered a job for a company in Florida and they want me to relocate by October 1. My current lease began in April, 2003. CAn I break my lease due to the relocation in my new job?

HomeGuru

jan1650 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

My employment has recently been terminated and I was unable to secure new employment in the Chicago area. I have been offered a job for a company in Florida and they want me to relocate by October 1. My current lease began in April, 2003. CAn I break my lease due to the relocation in my new job?
**A: you only gave the start date of your lease and it is the end date of your lease that applies. If you have a fixed lease beyond the Oct 1 2003, then you must break your lease and pay the damages as set forth in that lease. There is no free out due to employment relocation unless you are active military.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">