• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breaking a lease due to medical reasons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mandylime

i live in rome, ny. i have a lease that ends sept. 1,2002. however we have problems w/ this house, due to mold. we called the e.p.a., and they found 4 molds, and in my childs room, who is 7 months, they found allergy and ashyma causing mold. well, for the 3 months, we've lived here, shes been sick w/ weezing, and breathing problems, and rashes. they thought she was allergic to something or had asyhma, well, now i want to get out, but i dont want to get sued for the rest of my lease rent. also, my mother who lives here has a heart condition that can be aggravated by the molds.what are my rights? can i leave?

katidani

i too want to break lease for medical reasons and in fact have already signed and moved out because i had to move 6 hours away to go to a hospital program. the apartment complex assistant manager told me that he could not do anything for me since the lease break fee was $1800 as a unit whole and could not split the 1800 four ways (i have 3 other roommates). i was trying to see if there was any way they could just take my share out of the $1800 regardless of the reasons why my other roommates are leaving. i had no choice in moving to go to the hospital...a 6 hour commute is quite long. what do i say or do? the complex is owned by a very large corporation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">