• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking lease early

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmsdexter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I have been trying to find a website that states what the penalties are for breaking a lease early, does anyone know of any for Pennsylvania? I have a tenant that just called me and is planning on moving out at the beginning of May and their lease doesn't expire until June 30th.

Cvillecpm

.....IMHO * balance of their lease and whatever penalties are in the lease.

This is why the LEASE FORM is so important!!

dmsdexter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I have been trying to find a website that states what the penalties are for breaking a lease early, does anyone know of any for Pennsylvania?
I guess you don't know of any sites that contain the Pa laws then? The lease that I have is a basic lease so most things revert back to the law, right?
I did make an appointment to go to my attorney, but I thought maybe I would do some checking online about some things until my appt on Friday.

Cvillecpm

Have your attorney recommend a better lease....lease break penalties and costs are usually spelled out in the lease and not in code or statutes.

dmsdexter

Actually we had already made this appt with the attorney before we received the phone call telling us that they were leaving the beginning of May, so it was good timing on their part for calling when we already had the appt made.
Thanks for the good advise though. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">