• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking lease for medical reasons?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redwolf21x

What is the name of your state? Florida

My friend is a tenant in Miami. Her father in Connecticut has fallen ill, and she is looking into moving back there to take care of him.

Is there some legal loop hole that allows her to break her lease without paying due to the fact she is moving to provide emergency medical care?

HomeGuru

redwolf21x said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

My friend is a tenant in Miami. Her father in Connecticut has fallen ill, and she is looking into moving back there to take care of him.

Is there some legal loop hole that allows her to break her lease without paying due to the fact she is moving to provide emergency medical care?
**A: yes, there is a legal loophole.

R

redwolf21x

could you perhaps lead me in the right direction as where to look for the loop hole???

thank you.

HomeGuru

redwolf21x said:
could you perhaps lead me in the right direction as where to look for the loop hole???

thank you.
**A: have your friend read the Florida L/T law. The only way she can get out of her lease without paying is to help L find a qualified and approved replacement tenant to take over the lease or sign a new lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">