• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

without laws

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC- Can a landlord take possession of premises of a business without notification or court papers? Is it legal or illegal for the landlord to change the locks with warning?:eek:

FarmerJ

States tend to stay out of commercial lease issues by leaving commercial property out of of state laws, If you owe on a commercial rent your best option is to pay what you owe and see a atty so the atty can review the lease with you so you understand any part of it you didnt back when you signed it. Try the links above to locate a atty.

without laws

Commercial evictions

Yes I have a nominal past due balance but I think that I made the mistake and told him I was going to open another business on the other side of town to generate more income in order to pay the balance and try to create a profit.

Cvillecpm

...yes, you made a mistake. You should pay your rent or, depending on your lease wording, your landlord may well be able to take possession of the property until you do

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">