• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buyout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cindy750

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My fiancee father lived in a tenament building for over 50 years, so he didn't have a lease. He eventually became ill and appointed my fiancee power of attorney. Last year, the doctors told us that he had 4 months to live. My fiancee decided to make an agreement with landlord so that when his father passed the apartment will be sold leaving my fiancee as the benefiary. The real estate gave him 5k ahead and rest was be given to fiancee when the apartment would become empty. Years prior, his father wife, an immigrant from Mexico lived there also, but abandoned him for 2 years, when she heard that he was dying, she convinced him to move in and did for about 3 months. It's been 2 weeks since the dealth of his father, and we are having trouble getting this lady out. we don't even know whether this lady even has a green card. does she still have rights to the apartment, even though the landlord was aware she had left prior to his father's illness?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You mean you want to force the wife out of the marital residence.

You've got a mess on your hands. See a local probate attorney...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">