• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Retalitory Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carrottopsis

What is the name of your state? CA

My landlord is trying to evict us over a storage yard adjacent to our apartment. Even though we have a written amendment to our lease agreement for the yard. When we tried to pay our rent they refused it. Then today they asked the tenants to sign a tenant estoppel agreement we were told the place is being sold. When I questioned the resident manager he said the sale was with the agreement that the old owner would evict us.

Shay-Pari'e

carrottopsis said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My landlord is trying to evict us over a storage yard adjacent to our apartment. Even though we have a written amendment to our lease agreement for the yard. When we tried to pay our rent they refused it. Then today they asked the tenants to sign a tenant estoppel agreement we were told the place is being sold. When I questioned the resident manager he said the sale was with the agreement that the old owner would evict us.
How long is your lease? Whether someone purchased the property or not...If you have a long term lease,......then the new owners have to honor the origional lease.

So don't be signing anything if you do not want to move.

Remember this and carry it in your pocket...................You cannot get evicted if you are on a long (Year) lease.

The new owners have to abide bye the origianal lease aggreemt

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">