• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can 1 owner of a home rent out a room without the other owners knowledge or permissio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mami703

What is the name of your state: CA

my ex and I bought a home together 4 years ago. She broke up with me in may and moved out of the house to be with someone else. (we werent married, it was a same sex relationship) Today when i was out she moved her cousin and family into the house saying she was renting to them. Can she rent to someone without my permission? Do i have any recourse? Am i breaking the law if i change the locks?

mami703

does anyone have any other information for me? This is urgent. I want to act as soon as I can. Two years ago i had moved out and she changed the locks when i was gone. Then she asked me to come back and i did. What would or could happen if I stopped paying my half of the mortgage? I'm considering buying another house and not paying on the mortgage. Right now our house is on the market, but its not selling. Would a judge be able to force her to lower what we are asking for to make sure the house sells?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">