• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anyone with knowledge of rental lesase knowledge explain this to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Laigs50

What is the name of your state? GA
I am putting a clause in my lease and need someone to tell me what this means. "Lessee to occupy above said premises starting August 1, 2002, to be used for residential purposes for a term of 1 year , RENEWABLE AUTOMATICALLY FOR SUCESSIVES UNLESS 30 DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE IS GIVEN BY EITHER LESSE OR LESSOR.

She told me that kept her from having to do a lease each year for the apartment and If either of us decided after 1 year we didnt want to renew the lease at the Aug 1 date, that 30 days prior, either of us had to do the 30 day written notice to stop the next years lease.

AM I STILL IN A LEASE? My understanding says yes, but I am not a legal eagle. SOMEBODY, PLEASE with understanding of this, let me know.

To keep this from being so long, I will post another paragraph to see if it is what I have researched and is called what is 'unconcienciable' due to the 1 sidedness of it.

Be blessed and someone please help me.

BL

Laigs50 said:
I am putting a clause in my lease and need someone to tell me what this means. "Lessee to occupy above said premises starting August 1, 2002, to be used for residential purposes for a term of 1 year , RENEWABLE AUTOMATICALLY FOR SUCESSIVES UNLESS 30 DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE IS GIVEN BY EITHER LESSE OR LESSOR.

She told me that kept her from having to do a lease each year for the apartment and If either of us decided after 1 year we didnt want to renew the lease at the Aug 1 date, that 30 days prior, either of us had to do the 30 day written notice to stop the next years lease.

AM I STILL IN A LEASE? My understanding says yes, but I am not a legal eagle. SOMEBODY, PLEASE with understanding of this, let me know.

To keep this from being so long, I will post another paragraph to see if it is what I have researched and is called what is 'unconcienciable' due to the 1 sidedness of it.

It's not one sided IF you BOTH signed the lease .
You BOTH are bound by it's contract' contents If you and the LL signed the original lease.

Until or unless there is a Modified lease signed by BOTH parties , the Original Lease remains in full force and effect .

south

Your lease renews itself each year after the 1st year either party can break lease by giving 30 days notice to vacate premises.

Both parties are bound for a full 1st year.

Laigs50 said:

Laigs50

Blonde Lebinese said:
It's not one sided IF you BOTH signed the lease .
You BOTH are bound by it's contract' contents If you and the LL signed the original lease.

Until or unless there is a Modified lease signed by BOTH parties , the Original Lease remains in full force and effect .
are you talking about the 'am i still in a lease' statement or the other one i posted about what i have researched on net as being considered 'inconcinable ?) about accepting any responsibility for her own negligence? I am confused here

Thanks..bless you

Laigs50

so does it mean.....

south said:
Your lease renews itself each year after the 1st year either party can break lease by giving 30 days notice to vacate premises.

Both parties are bound for a full 1st year.
so, are you saying that I am in still in the lease until Aug 1, 2005, legally as the yearly lease renews itself?

thanks...

south

Actualy let me back pedal you need to give 30 days notice prior to the start of a new year to cancel it otherwise it auto renews and binds you into another year

Laigs50 said:
so, are you saying that I am in still in the lease until Aug 1, 2005, legally as the yearly lease renews itself?

thanks...

BL

Exactly You or the LL MUST give a FULL 30 days notice to vacate , in what ever yr . you choice . I don't know what term you are trying to avoid the Lease stipulations is , But a lease is BINDING by it's terms under Both Party's signatures as outlined .

What part of 30 days notice don't you understand ?

Who's Liable?

Laigs50 said:

thanks...

Did you OR your LL give a 30-days notice to vacate in July of 2004? If not, then you are bound for another year. If yes, then you are free to vacate August 1.

In order for you to get out of this lease, assuming it's still in place, is for you to give the LL your "Notice to Vacate" ON OR BEFORE July 1, 2005 Then you can legally move out on August 1, 2005.

Laigs50

thanks for

Blonde Lebinese said:
Exactly You or the LL MUST give a FULL 30 days notice to vacate , in what ever yr . you choice . I don't know what term you are trying to avoid the Lease stipulations is , But a lease is BINDING by it's terms under Both Party's signatures as outlined .

What part of 30 days notice don't you understand ?
I am not trying to "avoid any term.", I am trying to clarify this, for my landlord from hell says its not a yearly lease anymore and I said it was due to my lay understanding of what the the lease says. It is the landlord...the one who is a slum lord and has put me thru hell on earth due to failure to repair.
If you cannot refrain from your rudness, I would prefer you not respond to any more of my requests. What part of that dont YOU understand. Why must you always try and think someone is trying to do something illegal or 'get our of something' when they have had no dealing with the subject they are seeking info on, which is, the last time I looked, the reason for this board......not to talk down to persons, etc.

Have a blessed day.

Last edited:

Laigs50

Thanks!

Who's Liable? said:
Did you OR your LL give a 30-days notice to vacate in July of 2004? If not, then you are bound for another year. If yes, then you are free to vacate August 1.

In order for you to get out of this lease, assuming it's still in place, is for you to give the LL your "Notice to Vacate" ON OR BEFORE July 1, 2005 Then you can legally move out on August 1, 2005.
This is what I thought it meant, but was not sure. No notice of anything was ever given by either party. If either of us try to break this lease is it a breach of the lease?

Bless you.

BL

I am not trying to "avoid any term.", I am trying to clarify this, for my landlord from hell says its not a yearly lease anymore and I said it was due to my lay understanding of what the the lease says.
Good , then request your LL to write up another Lease ( A month to month rental can be written ) to clarify terms of a month to month rent agreement .

Also , If he wants you out request he waive any month to month lease ( rental ) obligations and allow you to move .

Any amended Leases over rule the original .

About repairs , Have you called your local Code inspector to come out and investigate the issues ?

Laigs50

:eek:
Blonde Lebinese said:
Good , then request your LL to write up another Lease ( A month to month rental can be written ) to clarify terms of a month to month rent agreement .

Also , If he wants you out request he waive any month to month lease ( rental ) obligations and allow you to move .

Any amended Leases over rule the original .

About repairs , Have you called your local Code inspector to come out and investigate the issues ?
Yes, I did call and they did come and from what I understand when she came out cussing me in the most vile and filthy language, they must have given her their findings. Also the man who finally started cutting the grass said she was mad as 'hell' (and the repairs only cover my apartment, since I am the one who called. You know she knew better due to the fact that she worked in the same dept, in the County I live in, but I had to contact the city. All I wanted was what should have been done and I would have stayed forever. I know my health means more, but I struggle while waiting for my SSD hearing, and I now know that since the 'lease rolled over' which she denies, I have more time to find a home besides my car. Thanks

Who's Liable?

Laigs50 said:
This is what I thought it meant, but was not sure. No notice of anything was ever given by either party. If either of us try to break this lease is it a breach of the lease?

Bless you.

If NO notice was given either by your or the LL, then yes, the lease automatically renews itself. And YES if either of you try to break the lease, your are breaching it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">