• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i move out my LEASE?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shameise

***California****

My landlord wont let me out of lease, i tried talking to her civil.. I've researched and heres some of the things I have on her to state my case:

My land lord wont let me out my lease, do i have a case:

-They advertise on craigslist as student housing, but older adults and families live in here
-pictures are deceptive on advertisements of rooms
-both contracts between the two previous roomates I've had say different move in and out dates,
-i have letters of complaints ive had on past roomate and noisy neighbors up stairs
-mold issue in my bathroom ceiling, from no ventilation only a window to air it out
-screen doors with lock are our back doors and people prop them open at night with sticks, even though we have a security guy that patrols, those doors are still propped in the morning
-land lord wasnt here when i signed my lease the maintenance man, checked me in my room
-I feel she lets her personal feelings affect her job, feel like she has discriminated against me, with handling my complaints.
-shes manipulated other students contracts (Caucasian) to shorten their lease periods

...and many more..

what do you think?

Gail in Georgia

I think your "reasons" for breaking your lease legally are all fairly useless and if you leave you might find yourself being sued for breach of lease.

1. You'd like them to break Fair Housing laws and disciminate against renting to older folks and families? These folks can't be "students"?
2. Pictures are what they are. How were they deceptive?
3. Your move in and move out dates should be on the actual lease you signed
4. A window that can be opened is considered to be adequate ventilation in a bathroom. Buy a spray bottle, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, mix this with some water, spray the area where mildew is located.
5. So tell folks not to prop the screen doors open at night with sticks.
6. And...?
7. Prove that you've been discriminated against...in a court of law
8. And...??

Gail

HomeGuru

***California****

My landlord wont let me out of lease, i tried talking to her civil.. I've researched and heres some of the things I have on her to state my case:

My land lord wont let me out my lease, do i have a case:

-They advertise on craigslist as student housing, but older adults and families live in here
-pictures are deceptive on advertisements of rooms
-both contracts between the two previous roomates I've had say different move in and out dates,
-i have letters of complaints ive had on past roomate and noisy neighbors up stairs
-mold issue in my bathroom ceiling, from no ventilation only a window to air it out
-screen doors with lock are our back doors and people prop them open at night with sticks, even though we have a security guy that patrols, those doors are still propped in the morning
-land lord wasnt here when i signed my lease the maintenance man, checked me in my room
-I feel she lets her personal feelings affect her job, feel like she has discriminated against me, with handling my complaints.
-shes manipulated other students contracts (Caucasian) to shorten their lease periods

...and many more..

what do you think?
**A: I think you have not listed any substantial evidence as to a violation of the landlord tenant law supporting a lease cancellation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">