• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can landlord give tenant information to other tenants?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cb077

What is the name of your state? Ohio

We recently had an incident where another dog attacked my dog and in the ensuing tussle, my dog injured the other dog. The other dog owner is now contacting us regarding payment of her vet bill.

Was it against the law for our landlord to give the other tenant our contact information, such as name, telephone number?

Cvillecpm

:DNo * and it is not necessarily the landlord who provided the information...neighbors, witnesses, all kinds of people could identify you or your dog.....KUDOS to your landlord if they did "do the right thing" since you failed to keep your dog under control (on a LEASH!!)

Hot Topic

If the other dog was the aggressor and injured when your dog defended itself, why would you be worried about that owner contacting you?

acmb05

:DNo * and it is not necessarily the landlord who provided the information...neighbors, witnesses, all kinds of people could identify you or your dog.....KUDOS to your landlord if they did "do the right thing" since you failed to keep your dog under control (on a LEASH!!)
I don't recall seeing anywhere that the OP said her dog was not on a leash. It was her dog that was attacked in the first place. I would think that the other people would be responsible for not controlling their own dog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">