• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Lanlord evict you without reason?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sebin

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I moved to an apartment complex in November and my existence has been a nightmare since then. I have the worst neighbors anybody can have, they're loud, they slam doors, there's a guy that beats up his girlfriend, and many more problems. I complained to the manager on several occassions but she's really inept and doesn't care to deal with the problems. They offered me to release me from the contract, but I can't do that because I had to sign a one year contract with Directv and another with Earthlink, and if I break the contract I would have to pay them $200 each. That's one reason, and also that I spent a lot of money to move here and I don't have a lot of money to deal with moving expenses now.

The situation with the management has become really tense, and something worries me: can they throw me out of here just because they want to, without any reason?

Thanks,

Sebastian

acmb05

Sebin said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I moved to an apartment complex in November and my existence has been a nightmare since then. I have the worst neighbors anybody can have, they're loud, they slam doors, there's a guy that beats up his girlfriend, and many more problems. I complained to the manager on several occassions but she's really inept and doesn't care to deal with the problems. They offered me to release me from the contract, but I can't do that because I had to sign a one year contract with Directv and another with Earthlink, and if I break the contract I would have to pay them $200 each. That's one reason, and also that I spent a lot of money to move here and I don't have a lot of money to deal with moving expenses now.

The situation with the management has become really tense, and something worries me: can they throw me out of here just because they want to, without any reason?

Thanks,

Sebastian
They can always find a reason. My suggestion, if you can't afford to move right now then stop complaining to management and deal with it. Direct TV and earthlink can be moved right along with you so if you do move it wont break your contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">