• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you appeal a judgement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brendca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I gave up $3800.00 towards a lease purchase but decided not to go thru with it because they wanted were asking for more than $28k than what the house was appraised for and the houses in the neighborhood. So when i moved I didnt pay the last months rent, knowing that they had $3800.00 so they took me to court and won the judgement. However I had brought the proof to court to show they judge he may have ruled in my favor. I had printed the information however my car go towed the night before court and I didnt have access to the paperwork, however I was thinking i pulled it up on the county's website so they judge or the clerk should be able to see what they were trying to do. The judge told me he sorry but they dont do that. I asked for 15 minutes to go and pull it up from somewhere else however he was probably tired because i was his last case and he said no and they won the judgement. 1st question.....Is there a way for me to appeal the judgement? 2nd......Is there a such thing as filing a slow-pay motion to take down the garnishment amount? Is there anything i can do to stop a garnishment besides bankruptcy. Also I was never sent anything to notify me that I was about to get garnished. Is there anything i can do?

Gail in Georgia

In Georgia an appeal can be filed within 30 days of the judgement. And no, a judge is not going to allow you to pull up information on the county's website.

Gail

Alaska landlord

All the paperwork in the world is going to help you if you didn't pay the last months rent. Why would you want to enter into a lease buy purchase if you didn't agree to the terms. To me it sounds like you are dishonest and just wanted to get into the house. I bet you have lousy credit and a few evictions under your belt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">