• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

certificate of occupancy vs lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tedrienne

georgia

in the state of georgia what are the rights of the tenant if a lease was made without the certificate of occupancy? is the lease valied? i have lived in a new home for 6 months and today the county came to inspect for c of o. can i terminate my lease under this situation of false pretenses? and leasing a property without passing inspection?
please help!

H

happylucky

Too bad you dont live in NEW YORK CITY, with no C of O the landlord cannot legally collect rent, and he cant easilly evict either....in other words you could windup getting 6 months of free rent...till a court date in Supreme court or he gets a CofO.

What did the inspector say? they sholud know if its illegal to rent a home without a CofO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">