• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chain off entrance -- code violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rowan602

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Hi all! I hope I've got this in the right place...I'm having an issue with my apartment complex and was hoping to get some ideas or advice, or maybe a lonk to the state codes, since I can't find it. Here's the situation:

I live in a small complex that consists of 9 fourplexes. Each fourplex is individually owned by different owners, and there is an HOA that makes decisions regarding the common grounds. The complex runs around in a semicircle behind a building on the corner. One side of the parking lot is parallel parking, the other side is regular. I live on the side with parallel parking.

Recently, one of the members of the HOA board put a chain up blocking the entrance to the parking lot on the parallel parking side. This makes it very difficult to get out, because it is tight quarters and we are having to turn around in a very small space to get out. When all of the parking spaces are filled, this is extremely hard to do.

So here are my questions:
Given that it is hard to get out of the parking lot due to the chain blocking the entrance, and given that emergency vehicles that get in have no way to safely get out, is this chain being up considered a safety hazard? If I call code enforcement, would they at least look into it?

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rowan

FarmerJ

Call your city housing / building inspections dept or local fire dept to see if there are state or local laws requiring a certain amount of open space for emergency vehicles to have available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">