• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change the Lease dates?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Susanj829

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I purchased a home in April in North Carolina. The home sits on property in a park, that is leased. Before I could purchase the home, I had to sign a lease and, since the previous owner was not asking me to reimburse any of his lease fees, I wasn't to pay my fees until August 31, which is the last day of the lease. After the lease was signed, the property manager emailed us and said that he had looked up the information and that the lease is actually up July 31. I answered back letting him know that the lease HE HAD ME SIGN was dated August 31.(Sept-Aug) I didn't hear anything since then (April 2) Today, as I was leaving to come back to Baltimore, I got the Request for the lease fees in the mail, which I was expecting about now, saying that the lease runs out July 31 and my money is due by August 1. Since I was ready to be paying the bill soon, I have no problem sending the money, But he also asked me to sign a new lease the the dates of Aug-July. I Would think that the first lease I signed should be valid. He is the one who dated it. And I shouldn't have to cover this other month. On the other hand, If he had said July in the first place, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. There is just something about having to pay for his mistake. Am I blowing this out of proportion?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">