• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado, Breaking a lease due to relocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dttworld

What is the name of your state? Colorado

hello, i am relocating due to my job to philadelphia. i am going to give 30 days notice (9/21) and pay through the end of october, am i responsible for rent past this date. the lease is a 12 month lease and i am only 3 months into the lease. do i have any recourse to avoid being billed past the one month of paid rent? thank you in advance!

grasmicc

dttworld said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

hello, i am relocating due to my job to philadelphia. i am going to give 30 days notice (9/21) and pay through the end of october, am i responsible for rent past this date. the lease is a 12 month lease and i am only 3 months into the lease. do i have any recourse to avoid being billed past the one month of paid rent? thank you in advance!
You owe them whatever they lose as a result of your breaking the lease. In practice, this means that you will have to pay the rent until they can find a new tenant. Your best bet is to work with them to find a new tenant. I suggest putting an ad on Craigslist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">