• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial renter seeking advice on week by week rent and Lockout clauses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

need answerw597

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Im seeking answers concerning my lease agreement. if my lease states that my billing cycle is weekly instead of monthly and I fell behind would my landlord to go through normal eviction process or would they have the right to legally give me written notice and I would have to leave? my other question is on my lease agreement there is a lock out clause, the zoning for the property I'm renting is light industrial and the building is a warehouse building. If I were to fall behind on rent could they enact this clause? Also my agreement is weekly rent if I were to miss my payment could they lock me out indefinitely, if i did not come up with the rent within a certain amount of time, and how long would I have to come up with the money if they did? I really need to know as soon as possible i would love some answers. thank you

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Im seeking answers concerning my lease agreement. if my lease states that my billing cycle is weekly instead of monthly and I fell behind would my landlord to go through normal eviction process or would they have the right to legally give me written notice and I would have to leave? my other question is on my lease agreement there is a lock out clause, the zoning for the property I'm renting is light industrial and the building is a warehouse building. If I were to fall behind on rent could they enact this clause? Also my agreement is weekly rent if I were to miss my payment could they lock me out indefinitely, if i did not come up with the rent within a certain amount of time, and how long would I have to come up with the money if they did? I really need to know as soon as possible i would love some answers. thank you
Your lease should actually answer all of those questions. If you do not understand what your lease says or what it means, run it by a local attorney.

FarmerJ

If your supposed to pay week by week I cant help but wonder then if the LL would be able to give you one weeks notice to change something about the rental like raising the rent or changing the amount of space you have or even a so called restriction on how you can use it. AS far as your rights go generally commercial property rental does not have the same kinds of protections as residential rental and as Ldij told you your lease should have the answers you seek , Personally I suggest you consider getting 2 to 3 weeks of rent ahead so you do not face lock out issues and plan for moving into another commercial rental with different terms when you can if you are having some regret about signing your current lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">