+ Reply to Thread
    pkline42 is offline Junior Member

Angry Compliance with a subpoena

What is the name of your state? CT
    I received a subpoena duces tecum today stating that I must appear in New York with certain documents. My former employer, Church of St. Luke in the Fields, is being sued by a former tenant.
    Up to February 26, 2004, I was Director of Finance and Operations for the church. I then resigned and have moved to Connecticut.
    I have no contact with my former employer nor do I have any materials relating to the legal matter.
    Since I live in CT, do have to appear at the plaintiff's law office in New York? I also have health issues that would make this senseless trip more difficult.
    Paul
    Last edited by pkline42; 05-02-2005 at 01:11 PM. Reason: language change
    longneck is offline Member
    well, if you got served (properly) with a subponea, and the DA is in a bad mood, then if you do nothing you will get in trouble sin the DA knows you were served. so yes, you do have to comply.

that being daid, have you contacted the DA and informed them of the hardship in complying? for all you know they may make special arrrangements, like having the your deposition closer to you.