• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condemned Shed on property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlgiackino

More problems in Arizona. There is a condemned unit on our rental property. We have the house, and then there is what used to be a detached smaller house, about fifteen feet from our house. We were told we are not allowed to use it, although they use it for storage. The owner told us it was condemned, but they have no intention of tearing it down any time soon. It is not boarded up and is filled with old furniture and animal droppings. My concern is that it is just a house for rodents that will migrate to our house. What are the laws concerning this? New landlord has turned out to be just as bad as my previous one. After a month of living here, the kitchen sink clogged twice with standing water. The plumber said that they would have to dig up the line which is most likely collapsed (very old house). Landlord said technically we have to pay for the repair, but we came to another solution involving a temporary fix until we move out. I've done several repairs to the house already out of the kindness of my heart (no charge to landlord), but honestly I'm done being nice. Are they allowed to have this condemned unit on our rental property? Yes they told us about it, but I'd still like to know what the law is. I doubt there has been a building inspector out here in years.

Cvillecpm

Use mouse traps in your home then.....the shed is not for your use and you should not be concerned with it. Take care of any and ALL infestation in your own property.

The landlord does not need to consider unfounded fears on your part and remove their belongings from their own property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">