• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Constructive Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mei-Mei

My state is Louisiana.

My new rental home has been declared a fire hazard by the electrical company and two independent electricians. I would like to leave immediately. Do I have to give a 30 day notice in the case of constructive eviction (I believe that is the correct term)?

FarmerJ

Ill bet your going to need that report made by a city housing inspector . see if you were taken to court by the LL because you moved out of the unit the LL can indeed argue the electrician was looking for work and the electric supplier is not a licensed building inspector and there for how can they possibly terminate your lease ? think about it the elect supplier and all the electricians on the planet can say something is unsafe BUT they dont have the capability to write binding repair orders or condemn . so you call your city/county offices and ask for a electrical inspector and get him /her to come out and make a report . IF they condemn then your off the hook.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">