• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crazy roommate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deejay

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am living in a shared housing situation in Seattle washington. The owner was a retired woman who lives with us in the house.

The problem is that we got someone to rent the room downstairs, and she has turned out to be more than a little crazy. She has rearranged parts of the house when told specifically not to do so, she beat a small dog in the house hard enought to hurt it, went into a shouting fit chasing and berating someone for not cleaning the lint trap in the dryer going as far as kicking and denting the door when they were in the bathroom and forcing her way into their room to yell at them, slamming the door into the owner face giving her a bloody nose, and attacking anyone that doesn't follow her rules.

She was asked to leave and shown leniency since she couldn't afford to move into a new place. but she has gotten progessively worse and the landlord finally decided to tell her it wasn't working out and she had to speed up her move. She somehow found out that the landlord hasn't been dilligent on her taxes and is now threatening to turn her in to the IRS if she kicks her out.

How do we get rid of this person? The landlord is in talks with a tax attorney to determine how bad the threats are, but the roommates behavoir sickens me and I want to help instead of just moving out. plus I think that what she is doing is illegal since it is technically blackmail. She has proven herself to be an emotionally unstable parasite.

Did you or the landlord call the police when she attacked the landlord making her nose bleed? or did you call animal control to report the animal abuse? Those can land that person in jail or at least a heavy fine. Next the landlord should give her a 30 notice to move out if not then she can evict and get a restraining order against the violent tenant.

MyHouse

The owner needs to stop throwing away opportunities to get rid of her immediately! Getting hit in the face with the door is assault, and she had visible injuries! The crazy biatch could have gotten arrested and a no contact order put in place. Her belongings could have been put in a safe place until she could show up with a police officer to retrieve them. Even if she pushes you or the landlord, call the police! This lady is out of control!

deejay

The owner has made some bad decisions and realizes it. but she was too lenient to begin with and then didn't take action when she could have. But she is older, a little spacy, and she didn't want to throw her out on the street regardless of her actions. She also recently admitted to me she started getting scared of her. I talked with her at great length and told her she had two basic choices, put up with it, or do something, because it isn't getting any better.

this is good information because when I say the woman is crazy she is crazy. This won't stop because she thinks she is finally going to get in trouble because of it. She might even escalate. I plan on trying to record any of the fights if possible via audio and am paying very close attention to what is going on. If she does something like this again, I will call the police and press charges myself.

That is the reason I am posting this and staying in the first place. Partially because I don't want to be bullied out of my home, but because I hate to see someone taken advantage of like that and have little tolerence for bullies. Otherwise I would have just decided it was a situation that wasn't going to get better fast enough months ago and left to find greener pastures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">