• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damage from dead tree falling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lajbent

What is the name of your state?louisiana. my husband and i have rented from the same landlord for 2 years now. during this time, we have repeatedly told him about dead trees on the property which could damage the house and contents if they were to fall. he cut down two of the trees but left one closest to the house untouched. last night this tree fell on the electrical power line causing it to snap and sending a power surge thru our house which totally knocked out just about everything plugged in. the neighbors also lost power because of this. the landlord came over and during conversation said "I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR A YEAR TO GET SOMEONE TO CUT THIS DOWN". i feel he should be held responsible for damage done to my personel property caused by the power surge since he knowingly did not do anything to remove the dead tree before it fell on the power lines and he admitted knowing it was dead and needed to be removed. this morning his wife says they are not responsible for any damage done by the falling dead tree which is on property owned by them. what recourse do i have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">