• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dangerous Dogs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenini

I live in Oregon, and I live in an apartment complex. About two weeks ago, my yorkshire terrier was attacked and killed by a pitbull :mad: The pitbull lived in the same apartment complex. Then, I find out that the pitbull had attacked a small dog a year earlier (it lived:eek: ). Our landlord (property management company) then asked the owner to remove the pitbull in 30 days. Obviously, the dog was never removed. My question is, is the Property mgmt. Co. liable for what happened? I am so angry because this wouldn't have happened if they had followed up, and made sure the dog was gone. Please help!

Who's Liable?

Jenini said:
I live in Oregon, and I live in an apartment complex. About two weeks ago, my yorkshire terrier was attacked and killed by a pitbull :mad: The pitbull lived in the same apartment complex. Then, I find out that the pitbull had attacked a small dog a year earlier (it lived:eek: ). Our landlord (property management company) then asked the owner to remove the pitbull in 30 days. Obviously, the dog was never removed. My question is, is the Property mgmt. Co. liable for what happened? I am so angry because this wouldn't have happened if they had followed up, and made sure the dog was gone. Please help!
Seems to me a judge would rule in your favor...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">