• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dangerous Neighbor/Break Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dleef23

I live in Colorado.

I have a neighbor who I see as very dangerous. He has been in and out of jail since he moved in, he threatened my wife after she made a noise complaint and a lot more. This morning he was taken to jail again for suspected throwing someone out of his second story window. There was glass on the ground for a few hours before it was cleaned up. I was wondering if I have grounds to get out of my lease for this. I don't really want to leave but I can't keep my children around this person so if I can't break my lease on legal grounds I will move out anyway but I would like to not have an unpaid lease following me around.

seniorjudge

dleef23 said:
I live in Colorado.

I have a neighbor who I see as very dangerous. He has been in and out of jail since he moved in, he threatened my wife after she made a noise complaint and a lot more. This morning he was taken to jail again for suspected throwing someone out of his second story window. There was glass on the ground for a few hours before it was cleaned up. I was wondering if I have grounds to get out of my lease for this. I don't really want to leave but I can't keep my children around this person so if I can't break my lease on legal grounds I will move out anyway but I would like to not have an unpaid lease following me around.
Wait a minute...there's something living next door to you who is dangerous and you're worried about breaking a lease?!

Get out of there....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">