• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daughter wont leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NASCARFAN

What is the name of your state? california

i was wondering my daughter is 19 yrs old, and she dosent pay rent and is causing problems with my love life, and her sister friends, now i want her to leave, and she wont leave, do i have to serve her with an notice to vacate, even if the landlord has her down on my rental agreement as a minor.

Litigation!

NASCARFAN said:

i was wondering my daughter is 19 yrs old, and she dosent pay rent and is causing problems with my love life, and her sister friends, now i want her to leave, and she wont leave, do i have to serve her with an notice to vacate, even if the landlord has her down on my rental agreement as a minor.

My response:

First, you have to realize and admit that you're not a very good parent.

Second, you need to serve her with a 30 Day Notice to Vacate.

Third, and when she doesn't leave, you'll need to file an Unlawful Detainer action against her.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

Litigation! said:
My response:

First, you have to realize and admit that you're not a very good parent.

Second, you need to serve her with a 30 Day Notice to Vacate.

Third, and when she doesn't leave, you'll need to file an Unlawful Detainer action against her.

IAAL
60 days if they have been in the same residence for more than 1 year.

rmet4nzkx

NASCARFAN said:

Your daughter is your daughter all her life, even past majority. If she is interfereing with your love life perhaps you can go to their place or get a hotel room.

ecmst12

Seriously, you have to be pretty cold to evict your own daughter, unless she's a criminal or a junkie or something. Just being an annoying teenager is hardly justification. IMO.

peppylady

How can you evict your daughter??? It's you that should leave and go find a place to be with your lover. She is just a child.

People.

A 19 yr old is not a child...just ask them.:D

Problems arise with the 18-24 crowd when they expect all the privileges but none of the responsibilities that come with adulthood.

If the daughter refuses to be a contributing member of the household, there are consequences. Being a disruptive element shouldn't be rewarded with free room and board.

ecmst12

queenofsand said:
Being a disruptive element shouldn't be rewarded with free room and board.
I didn't say it should be, but EVICTION? Legally? Just seems way harsh. Just give her a good lecturing and make her get a job!

I think by the time a parent posts on an advice board, they've probably lectured and threatened, threatened and lectured with no positive results.

BTW, how do you make a 19 yr old get a job? You could be a gazillionaire if you can make that happen.:)

jrivera23

This Lady Needs To Get Her Priorities Straight. She Needs To Make Her Daughter Get A Job. How About Taking Away Priviliges Or Locking Her Out Once Its Past 2am Or Taking Her Car Away. But She Is Still 19 Not Really An Adult Cant Even Legally Drink Yet. Take Care Of Your Kid And Boyfriend Later. Children Are Lifetime Commitment Not A One Night Mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">