• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Documentation to Prove that You are Out of the Unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wmedi

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Florida.

Unusual situation where two additional roomates were brought into an existing lease that ended on May 31. Until they signed a new lease, I was still with them month to month so they needed to sign the lease for the june 1 date to be in effect. The question is, since I am not on the premises, and haven't lived in the apartment for more than 6 months (even though I was on the lease), is it within my legal rights to request written notice of some kind that a new lease has been signed and I am no longer obligated (or allowed) to live in that unit? In other words, something showing that I no longer have legal and financial responsibility for that apartment?

Please advise.

wmedi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">