• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Arizona have a lodger law like CA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Room4Rent

I may need to evict a single lodger that rents a room in my personal home that I own. She has trouble paying me sometimes even though I know she has the money. Sometimes she pays week to week and then last month she said she was going to start paying me monthly (which I prefer). She has worn out her welcome in many ways. My question is if she does not pay me on the first of this month what are the laws for eviction on a room rental in a private residence of which the owner (me) also resides? Are there lodger laws in Arizona like California has? Also, if my lodger does end up paying on the first, what are my options for eviction at that time? We only have a verbal contract where she indicated she only needed the room for 5 months. That time is up in 4 days, but want to make sure I follow local laws.

Who's Liable?

Yes.. there are "roomer" laws...

§ 33-1375. Periodic tenancy; hold-over
remedies
A. The landlord or the tenant may terminate a week-to-week
tenancy by a written notice given to the other at
least ten days prior to the termination date specified in
the notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">