• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a lease agreement have to be notarized?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marie_vi

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I own two rental properties. All of my lease agreements are signed by me, as the landlord, and my tenants but none have been notarized. I am wondering now if this is going to bite me in the future.
If I find myself having to take a tenant to court, will the authenticity or legality of my lease agreements be questioned since I did not have a notary involved nor do I have a witness in these lease agreements.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!

ENASNI

relax

marie_vi said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I own two rental properties. All of my lease agreements are signed by me, as the landlord, and my tenants but none have been notarized. I am wondering now if this is going to bite me in the future.
If I find myself having to take a tenant to court, will the authenticity or legality of my lease agreements be questioned since I did not have a notary involved nor do I have a witness in these lease agreements.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
They do not need to be notarized.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">