• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drop Box?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmc1227

What is the name of your state? GA

I am a resident of a complex who I just realized has no "night drop box". Rent is late on the 5th and the rent office closes at 5pm. I get off work at the sam time and it would be impossible for me to get there before they close. Is there any requirement that apartment complexes have a drop box? How can I protest a late fee? What should I do?:(

FarmerJ

It is far safer to not have a drop box then no one can leave cash , no one can break into it. It is not your LLs fault that you didnt either make arrangements with a nieghbor to drop it off when they dropped off their own or for you to have sent it in the mail ahead of time. If nothing else maybe your LL will allow you to put check under the door. But you do owe the late fee.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You could also talk to your landlord about you MAILING the check...perhaps something along the lines of ...it will be postmarked no later than the 4th of the month.

VeronicaLodge

there is a drop box its called a mail box, mail your check to them ahead of time so that it arrives on time, same way you pay your other bills.

Cvillecpm

MAIL THE CHECK USPS delivery confirmation....I SINCERELY hope there are better things for GA legislators to do than pander to tenants about HOW they DELIVER their RENT!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">