• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

electrical problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisa333effects

Florida
I have been given 4 days to move because I am insisting that my electric be brought up to code
After 2 months of the losing power and allowing the LL to have their unlicensed handyman come in to try and fix it and I called my own electrician
I paid for and had an inspection done , this place is a mess and not up to code in several areas

I faxed this info along with the demand for some rent credit for the last 2 months and the Florida form for 7 days notice to fix problem or rent could be with held
We agreed to a partial rent credit for the next month and a repair to be completed in full in a 3 day work frame. I set up the house for the repairs removed my cat and myself as agreed
2 outlets were worked on , holes cut in the walls and all work stopped.

Next ,We all meet at the house , my electrician ,owners and myself
They refuse to have the work done as necessary

That afternoon they left me a phone message that they will refund my rent and I have to move at the months end.
My moving expenses and cable installion total 1200.00 plus the next move's cost ,
Can I be forced to move? and how much time do I have to stay under these terms
Are they responsible to give me a rent credit until this is fixed?

I mailed the partial rent payment due for 4/1/08 by certified mail on 3/20/08 as necessary.
It was signed for

Please
send on any information to help in this situation ,
This ongoing issue is creating a serious loss in time and money that I can not continue to handle.

lisa333effects

what do I do now?

Sorry for the delay on my reply

I left the apt and am staying at my job site until this work is done
I have a year lease. started 1/21/08
They have said that they will do the repair work but have 1 guy in there doing almost nothing daily I think for show so that they can say they are working on it
I do not know what to do at this point. I want to call the county for an inspection but I was told that they will only review the outside.

Thanks for any advice on how handle this situation

FarmerJ

call your city /county ispections desk anyway , If there is a problem and the LL does not permit them full access all the better for you , they will condemn the unit and you can get a copy of the report and use it to get the court to order them to refund some of the rent and your deposit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">