• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For every Tenant who cries "MOLD, it made me sick"...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Searchertwin

What is the name of your state? MO

I get so tired of every tenant who cries "MOLD, it made me sick",
...I did some research on mold, because I had three tenants who used this as an excuse to get out of the lease.
It was impossible for them to get sick from living in my homes, in under six months. These where homes that my son and his family lived in and my daughter and her family lived in the other house. My daughter lived in hers for 12 years and my son, for 6 years. My own GRANDCHILDREN lived from infant to about 8 years old in those houses.
The only mold that existed was from bathroom, (normal) and some windows seal, again normal. One house has new windows which still created a little amount of mold.
Even as old as I am, I am growing mold!

These are well maintain homes..we even keep them in shape with tenants living in them.
Because one day, not to far in future, we plan to live in one...and my twin in the other.
And I know what your replies will be: "Than why did they want out?"
Each tenant had a reason: One I evicted for drugs. They figure if they cried mold, I might change my mind. Silly silly people.
Second tenant, real reason was her boyfriend left and she couldn't afford the rent by herself. I just let her go.
Third tenant real reason was her work and daughter school was 40 minutes away and truck was a gas hog, they wanted to move closer to that town...

This is what I found...
There are no Missouri or Federal laws that set limits or standards as to what types or levels of mold exposure or of mold presence is healthy or unhealthy, or as to what levels or types of mold are allowed or not allowed indoors.

* Even after testing, the solution remains the same, "control the moisture, control the mold."
* Mold will always be found in testing. It is everywhere and there will always be some level of mold.
I have found more, it is quite interesting. But to much to put here. Just type in "Mold laws in ..than enter your state...

A little humor for everyone:
...Next time a tenant cries mold, I am going to ask them if they are growing something illegal that rises the humidity inside my house to cause that much mold in such a short time!!!! Than we will see who cries the loudest!!!!

Everyone take care and have a good and moldy day...

Cvillecpm

There are instances were MILDEW/MOLD was claimed by tenants to get over on the landlord and when tenants went through various gvmt agencies with mold complaints they found CPS knocking on their door when they were alerted to the potential for the kids living in unhealthy environment...children were removed until PROPER air testing was done...parents then saying they would clean up the MILDEW to get their kids back since they were loosing gvmt $$$ when the kids were out of the household.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">