• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

evicted for baby crying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

favyroman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
california

is it legal to get a complain or get evicted because my 8 month old crys at 3am cause his teething. he only crying like for 15min but neighbor who put complain says all hours on complain form what can i do

Cvillecpm

It is YOUR JOB to take care of your baby and letting him CRY that disturbs others is not a sign that you are taking care of it....stop the baby from crying FOR WHATEVER REASON and FOR HOWEVER LONG or expect a visit from CPS * Child Protective Services!!!

Letting the baby cry is not an option!!!

Gail in Georgia

Sounds like this is more of a warning than an actual eviction notice.

Tenants have a right to what is known as "peaceful enjoyment". These include your neighboring tenants.

Gail

BL

It is YOUR JOB to take care of your baby and letting him CRY that disturbs others is not a sign that you are taking care of it....stop the baby from crying FOR WHATEVER REASON and FOR HOWEVER LONG or expect a visit from CPS * Child Protective Services!!!
Get real . I have read your replies and advises , but this one takes the cake .

An ADULT can NOT always stop a crying baby at the snap of their fingers .

Geesh ..

Additionally Courts tend to understand having children ,especially babies.

The poster has not indicated this is a frequent or ongoing occurrence .

Last edited:

Cvillecpm

BL - the baby is teething so it needs attention and medication until the teeth come through and 15 minutes is WAY TOO LONG for a baby to cry for ANY reason!!!

Antigone*

:eek::eek: What kind of B.S. is this:eek::eek: ~ You must never have had any kids!!!

While I understand everyone's right to peace, babies do cry.

BL

Have you ever actually met a child?
Apparently not mine when they were younger , I would have had CPS at my door and at the Hosp. where my Jr. was on ICE because of a fever that wouldn't stay down , even with meds . Oh ,did I say he cried ?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Apparently not mine when they were younger , I would have had CPS at my door and at the Hosp. where my Jr. was on ICE because of a fever that wouldn't stay down , even with meds . Oh ,did I say he cried ?
I vaguely remember wanting to stick my head in an oven. The worst was when there seemed to be no reason. Not teething, not colic, not sick, not wet, or hungry, or gassy, or hot, or cold---nothing. Just crying. Have mercy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
BL - the baby is teething so it needs attention and medication until the teeth come through and 15 minutes is WAY TOO LONG for a baby to cry for ANY reason!!!
Stick to a subject you at least PRETEND to have knowledge about!

Cvillecpm

On site mgmt would be remiss if CPS was not called for suspected child abuse or neglect....a child crying for excessive periods of time could be considered evidence of that abuse or neglect. If mgmt did not call CPS, then the neighbor certainly can.....CPS would be a parent's worst nightmare!!!

I've never done it; however, I know of residents who have and been rewarded for it....

Mgmt is giving OP a WARNING to handle the situation and stop the crying that is disturbing the neighbor who has the right to quiet enjoyment at 3AM. OP can STOP the baby from crying and disturbing neighbors

BL

On site mgmt would be remiss if CPS was not called for suspected child abuse or neglect....a child crying for excessive periods of time could be considered evidence of that abuse or neglect. If mgmt did not call CPS, then the neighbor certainly can.....CPS would be a parent's worst nightmare!!!

I've never done it; however, I know of residents who have and been rewarded for it....

Mgmt is giving OP a WARNING to handle the situation and stop the crying that is disturbing the neighbor who has the right to quiet enjoyment at 3AM. OP can STOP the baby from crying and disturbing neighbors
OP stated the baby cried for 15 minutes , that's 15 minutes ( not uncommon) , or excessive in certain situations. .

Just because it was 3 AM and disturbed a neighbor DOES NOT and IS NOT cause to call CPS .

Is the mother's name Samantha , and can she do witchcraft buy wiggling her nose ? :D Too Funny .

You should get your head out of all your training books , it has you fixated .

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A health baby can do 15 minutes without even breaking a sweat :rolleyes:

OP can STOP the baby from crying and disturbing neighbors
Again, stick to something you pretend to have knowledge about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">