• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evicting an adult child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hello All,

I normally try to bite my tongue when I think about giving advice (my opinion) about someone else's personal issues, buy this topic hits home with me. Is there a right/wrong answer to this issue? Not at all. I believe our different beliefs come from our culture and generation. I moved out when of parents house when I was 18. But I always knew I could go back to my parents house at any time. In raising me and my siblings, my parents #1 objective was to be the provider for their kids so we would not have to go through the struggles and challenges they did. They never closed the door. My two siblings moved in and out several times from the time when I left. Over the years I did pretty well for myself (financially). Then life came full circle. My parents needed my help. I helped them without question for over 5 years. Each year a little less until things got better. Recently, I was unexpectedly laid off and due to events that were out of my control, I found myself, at age 39, asking my parents if I could move back in. Full circle once again. But just as much as I needed a roof over my head, they needed someone to help with them with their daily needs.

My point is that when we are brought into this world, it is our parents who take care of us. And when and our time is almost up in this world, we look to our children to take care of us.

To anyone who wants their kids out of their home, (for any reason), I ask you, how would you feel when you are old and turn to your children for help, and they tell you, You are a burden on me, I want you out of my home?

This forum frowns upon necroposting-OP has not been back in FIVE years. If you have a LEGAL question, please start your own thread. If you want to express your opinions, may I suggest Twitter, FaceBook or a blog. :cool:

Searchertwin

Not all member frown on this.

Op has every right to bring up a post long gone if she feels she can contribute some advice.

Which she did. She tried to show a different viewpoint to a difficult situation that one ask for advice of what to do. Experience was her advice to give a different viewpoint to think about.
Nothing wrong with that.

Post may be old, but I’m sure many people will research an answer closely related to the topic and this will come up.
Probably like the op was doing.

Which we should thank the forum for keeping old post for people searching for advice long gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">