• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evicting a non-tenant, non-occupant.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cincy_extra

My boy friends landord has filed an eviction against me even though I don't live with him. She is evicting him for several reasons, but mainly she is evicting him because his housing assistance certificate has expired after waiting several months for her to repai damage to the roof to pass inspection. She is mad at me because helped him find this apartment and told me that she plans to ruin my credit as a result. What should I do? What can I do? Can she evict me though I don't live there?

PghREA

My boy friends landord has filed an eviction against me even though I don't live with him. She is evicting him for several reasons, but mainly she is evicting him because his housing assistance certificate has expired after waiting several months for her to repai damage to the roof to pass inspection. She is mad at me because helped him find this apartment and told me that she plans to ruin my credit as a result. What should I do? What can I do? Can she evict me though I don't live there?
If you don't live in the apartment, have not signed a lease and do not pay her rent - how can she evict you?

cincy_extra

non-tenant, non-occupant.

This lady has filed an eviction on me using my name. How can she do this is a good question, but sure enough she is doing it. I live in Ohio by the way. I guess because I have been over to visit with my boyfriend that is good enough for her to ruin my credit. I'm just wondering what to do when I have to show up in court. I live in on of three homes that my parents own. I have a statement from them. My boyfriend agrees to testify on my behalf. I have mail postmarks from where I live. Is there anything else I can do. Will the judge remove all of this from my record when I testify or has she already succeeded in dirtying my record?

PghREA

Counter sue for harassment.

Your license, your paychecks, your tax returns all have your real address on it - right.

cincy_extra

Evicting a non-tenant, non occupant.

I live in one of three homes that my parents own. I have the whole house to myself right now. On occation I get mail there but most of my mail goes to my po box that I got last year before I moved in her home. My mom already prepared a statement that I live in her home and had it notorized. Should I have my boyfirend prepare a statement as well or should he just go to court with me as a witness? Is there anything else that I can use or get?

justalayman

Should I have my boyfirend prepare a statement as well or should he just go to court with me as a witness? Is there anything else that I can use or get?
a witness means so much more than a simple statement (which if done incorrectly is actually not allowed).

Take copies of any utility bills in your name with your true address on them or at least your name and the address of the property since you use a PO box. Your drivers license, auto insurance ststements (contracts), banking statements with your true address, W2 with your correct address .

basically any formal or important correspondance or paperwork that would indicate your true address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">