• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction - How to make the eviction final?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iseekadvice

I live in NY. I went to the housing court and had a judgement against the tenant. I waived all back rent and future rent so that the tenant can move out sooner. I trusted my lawyer completely. On the stipulation, the lawyer put final judgement and if the tenant won't move out by certain date we will have a money judgement after him. My lawyer told me if the tenant wouldn't move out by the agreed date and he came back to the court asking for an extension, we would seek money judgement after him. The lawyer told me there's nothing else he can do. I just heard from a friend's friend saying that a good lawyer will put down that the tenant waives his right to come back to the court again to show cause. I feel like I was cheated by this lawyer. The tenant owes me 6 months of rent! Is there anyone out there who is very knowledgeable about the housing court procedure could provide me proper advice as to how to make a judgement final and how many extensions the tenant can get from the judge? I really can not afford going back to the housing court again and again not to mention that my tenant is torturing us while living in my house. To make a long story short, you can see how desperate I am that I don't want any money from this tenant. All I want is him out of my house permanently!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">