• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction of non pay renter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cstinem

What is the name of your state?
Kansas

I leased my house for a rent to buy agreement and the renter backed out of the lease and has stopped paying but is still in the house (long story but they haven't paid since Oct 04). I have given them a 3 day eviction notice, still not out. Can I fill out the form needed to file with the court to have the sheriff remove them? If so where/what is the form name?
Thanks.

cstinem

No just page

Thanks for the link, however when I click on Kansas, it says the page can not be found.

south

OCT 2004!!!!!!!!!!! Jezzuuusssss wake up!

Get up walk away from your computer this very second and go straight to an eviction attorney,

cstinem said:
What is the name of your state?
Kansas

I leased my house for a rent to buy agreement and the renter backed out of the lease and has stopped paying but is still in the house (long story but they haven't paid since Oct 04). I have given them a 3 day eviction notice, still not out. Can I fill out the form needed to file with the court to have the sheriff remove them? If so where/what is the form name?
Thanks.

cstinem

no kidding!!

If there was one available I wouldn't be on here now would I? This is small town, all 3 lawyers are too busy to do it. Thats why I am trying to find out what form to use and if I can do it myself.....

south

Go to court room and file an unlawful detainer lawsuit...

Not sure if it is your state or not I think it was Kansas, you may want to check but I think if Judge orders tenant to move he can order the tenant pay double from the date he was supposed to have moved out.

Tenant can also be ordered to pay court costs.

cstinem said:
If there was one available I wouldn't be on here now would I? This is small town, all 3 lawyers are too busy to do it. Thats why I am trying to find out what form to use and if I can do it myself.....

go to this site for help

Go to this site for help http://mrlandlord.com there is links for help and a question and answer section and this site is just for landlords and there is help and advice for you from other landlords in your state. You can also download forms from there

madkatz1

I'm from Florida and have been going through the landlord eviction procedure and it's been tedious and time consuming. Have you gotten the deadbeat out yet?

ENASNI

oh

madkatz1 said:
I'm from Florida and have been going through the landlord eviction procedure and it's been tedious and time consuming. Have you gotten the deadbeat out yet?
madkatz... don't be afraid we are not all monsters.. if you need help post your own thread.. do not hijack.. we can help you.. yesssss we can.. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">