• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction of nonpaying tenant with verbal month to month lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newlandlady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I have a tenant who has not paid rent in 4 months and I want to evict her. She is on a verbal month to month lease after the original 1 year lease expired in 2007. If it is a vebal month to month does she still have to abide by the details of the original written lease? She has not signed anything for a month to month. There was a "Notice to Quit" clause in the original lease. Should I , or can i deliver her an "Unconditional Quit" notice, or a 3 day Pay or Quit Notice before filing with the local magistrate? I doubt she will come up with the money owed for rent...only more excuses. Never has to evict anyone for nonpayment. I remain pretty leniant if a tenant is a bit late . But four months plus the $200 she was already falling behind on is getting on my bad side! I'm not sure what the recourse is with a verbal month to month.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">