• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction Process - Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hagens

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am a LL of a duplex in PA. When I purchased the house, the tenant was already there. Over the past 1 1/2 years, I have had nothing but trouble collecting rent from the tenant. I finally got fed up and served her with an eviction notice on March 3rd for non payment of rent. She moved out a few days later w/o notifying me. As of now, she has shut off the utilities in her name and they have been transferred into my name. I went to get into the house but my keys no longer work for that apartment. I have no means of contacting the tenant other than through her grandmother. I realize that she has 30 days to fully move out from the time I served her with the eviction notice. Since she is being uncooperative in giving me access to the house, do I have the right to change the locks? I would like to see if the heat is turned on and also be able to show the place to other potential tenants. She apparently still has a few belongings in the house. She already told me that she will not be paying me for any past due rent and the security deposit was used to pay for last months rent. What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">