• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? ND

This happened a few years ago and I am just curious if the way it was handled was "proper".

My wife and I moved into an appartment with a no pet policy even though we had two kitties :D . We knew we ran the risk of eviction but the manager at the time verbally told us it was fine so we didn't worry. I know it sounds weird but the manager was a very nice lady who knew us in passing so she had no problem letting the cats slide, she just couldn't put it on the lease because the Big Giant Head at the home office would have an aneurism.

Anyway, long story short the manager was replaced by the wicked witch of the west and within a month we had an eviction notice hanging on our door.

My question is two part:

1. can a LL "hang" an eviction notice or does it have to be delivered by a third party?

2. What is the legal time to vacate the property and/or fix the evictable problem?

Thanks for the help

Again this is just for my own curiosity since we "recieved" the notice on a Friday and it said we were supposed to be out by the following Monday. Which we did, we found a new appartment, packed and moved in 1 and 1/2 days :eek: .

D8D

HomeGuru

Dash8Driver said:
What is the name of your state? ND

This happened a few years ago and I am just curious if the way it was handled was "proper".

My wife and I moved into an appartment with a no pet policy even though we had two kitties :D . We knew we ran the risk of eviction but the manager at the time verbally told us it was fine so we didn't worry. I know it sounds weird but the manager was a very nice lady who knew us in passing so she had no problem letting the cats slide, she just couldn't put it on the lease because the Big Giant Head at the home office would have an aneurism.

Anyway, long story short the manager was replaced by the wicked witch of the west and within a month we had an eviction notice hanging on our door.

My question is two part:

1. can a LL "hang" an eviction notice or does it have to be delivered by a third party?

**A: hanging is allowed in ND.
2. What is the legal time to vacate the property and/or fix the evictable problem?

**A: what time period did the notice give?

Thanks for the help

Again this is just for my own curiosity since we "recieved" the notice on a Friday and it said we were supposed to be out by the following Monday. Which we did, we found a new appartment, packed and moved in 1 and 1/2 days :eek: .

D8D
**A: ok, now post word for word exactly what this notice stated.

My question is two part:

**A: hanging is allowed in ND.

**A: what time period did the notice give?

Thanks for the help

Again this is just for my own curiosity since we "recieved" the notice on a Friday and it said we were supposed to be out by the following Monday. Which we did, we found a new appartment, packed and moved in 1 and 1/2 days .

D8D

**A: ok, now post word for word exactly what this notice stated.

**A: Amazing what you can find when you read the entire post :D
D8D

HomeGuru

And it's amazing that we have people here who do not understand simple instructions. have a wise attitude and still want free legal advice.

HomeGuru said:
And it's amazing that we have people here who do not understand simple instructions. have a wise attitude and still want free legal advice.

I guess you were absent the day reading and understanding was taught at your school. What, if any thing, from my post would indicate I would still have the notice? As stated this was simply a "curiosity" question with all needed information given. You on the other hand have a problem with sorting and quantifying information.

A dose of your own medicine doesn't feel so hot does it?

ps I AM SMARTER THAN YOU!

D8D

HomeGuru said:
Can somebody intelligent please help this person understand what the HomeGuru asked to be posted?

Since we are now referring to ourselves in the third person;

The D8D made it clear and it is obvious from the original post that the notice no longer exists in a physical form. If the Guru wishes to hold a "reading" to bring back said notice, the D8D is game.

My god man you are thick. It is ok to say you don't know! :p I'm sure your significant other won't think any less of you if you admit to not knowing instead of "faking" your way the day.

D8D

HomeGuru said:

Just one side note. I wouldn't qualify your answers as free legal advice.

Advice defined: Opinion about what could or should be done about a situation or problem; counsel.

You offer simple one worded answers and no explanation any details on how you reach a conclusion. You clearly lack the professional and intellectual ability to articulate your responses and are severly limited by a small vocabulary.

At least I hope thats the reason otherwise you are simply mean and have a long building distane for fellow humans and frankly I don't want/need you breathing my air.

D8D

HomeGuru

Dash8Driver said:
Since we are now referring to ourselves in the third person;

The D8D made it clear and it is obvious from the original post that the notice no longer exists in a physical form.

**A: and exactly which previous post of yours did you state that the notice no longer exists?

'This happened a few years ago and I am just curious if the way it was handled was "proper".'

(Putting on translator cap) Since tenants usually don't keep receipts, copies of leases or any other important papers relating to their tenancies for proof of something that occurred a month or two back, it should be obvious that paperwork from 'a few years ago' is worm dung and no longer exists as reference material.

:)

queenofsand said:
'This happened a few years ago and I am just curious if the way it was handled was "proper".'

(Putting on translator cap) Since tenants usually don't keep receipts, copies of leases or any other important papers relating to their tenancies for proof of something that occurred a month or two back, it should be obvious that paperwork from 'a few years ago' is worm dung and no longer exists as reference material.

Finally! Someone with a smidgen of intelligence. No offense Queens :p

D8D

HomeGuru

queenofsand said:

**A: in the legal world, nothing is obvious and assumed. We are trained to ask for evidence. Did the writer ever state that the paper no longer existed; NO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">