• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction Settle Now looking for New apt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njhaute

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Case was settle before the judge in my favor, which he advised that I still move due to the reoccuring, uninhabitable issues. Now that I'm applying for apartments, I'm getting horrible feedback reports from my LL, which is preventing me to move out. Any advice on what to do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Banned_Princess

Ahhh, a story to support the opinion / fact, that LL's don't like / wont rent to, people involved with suing / getting sued by, other LL"s.

Fascinating.

GoIllini

I think the best approach here is honesty. Did you have a good relationship with your prior landlord? If you came in and said, "I just took my landlord to court because of X, Y, and Z. I normally don't do that, and I wanted to also give you the contact info for my two prior landlords", somebody will probably take the risk. Just expect to pay an extra $50-$100/month in rent and maybe be on a month-to-month contract for a while.

Searchertwin

Ahhh, a story to support the opinion / fact, that LL's don't like / wont rent to, people involved with suing / getting sued by, other LL"s.

Fascinating.
You are such a hypocrite. In the post, about a page back, "move in/out fees deducted from deposit???".
Your response was: " Don't be afraid to stand up for your rights as a tenant, because you don't want other LL's to see you have a civil history. Besides your next LL wont care, because you will already be moved in by the time this becomes public info, and you will have had the chance to build another good relationship with another landlord."

Now, you are saying more , "See we told you what can happen if you sue".

So you need to stop telling tenants that it will be alright, where in this case it shows that it will affect them. AND IT WILL HURT THEM REGARDLESS IF THEY WIN OR LOSE, as I stated.

atomizer

You have two options. You do as banned princess does and rent from landlords that don't check references,or you offer 3 or 4 months rent in advance. Hopefully one will be stupid enough to take the bait.

atomizer

You are such a hypocrite. In the post, about a page back, "move in/out fees deducted from deposit???".
Your response was: " Don't be afraid to stand up for your rights as a tenant, because you don't want other LL's to see you have a civil history. Besides your next LL wont care, because you will already be moved in by the time this becomes public info, and you will have had the chance to build another good relationship with another landlord."

So you need to stop telling tenants that it will be alright, where in this case it shows that it will affect them. AND IT WILL HURT THEM REGARDLESS IF THEY WIN OR LOSE, as I stated.
I can't wait to see her back peddling on this one

GoIllini

You have two options. You do as banned princess does and rent from landlords that don't check references,or you offer 3 or 4 months rent in advance. Hopefully one will be stupid enough to take the bait.
Or you just move to New York City where everyone sues everyone and/or rent from a REIT.

Banned_Princess

I happen not to believe this poster is real. I bet this is your post, or the atomizzzzer. So since you are of the upmost interested, and hanging on my every post, I will go ahead and humor you. thats why I repied... FACINATING.

And I don't HAVE to respond to everyone. so :p

If this was real, I would tell them that YES honesty is what is best.

Hey, MR LL... if you look into my court history you will see a case where I was the plaintiff against MR LL 2, this is what he did ___ and he as a property owner, and demander of MY monthly money, he left me no choice.

I'm sure you as a LL could appreciate the need for the court from time to time. If this bothers you as a LL, then you might be a LL just like him, just trying to screw me over. So have a nice day.

Then I would check THEIR court history, bring that up in our next conversation and then I would continue my search for my new home.

A freeking million of empty homes need tenants, and not EVERYSINGGLE LL is going to be a hypocritical jerk (since the word was used in the past history I thought I would just use it correctly) as those landowners who feel like those of us who wont just "give" a whole security deposit to the man, or live in SubAmerican standards in houses we don't even own...:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And lastly, there are more property's for rent, then there are people to rent them. as long as you have the money, there is a place you can rent.

Fake posters.

atomizer

A freeking million of empty homes need tenants, and not EVERYSINGGLE LL is going to be a hypocritical jerk (since the word was used in the past history I thought I would just use it correctly) as those landowners who feel like those of us who wont just "give" a whole security deposit to the man, or live in SubAmerican standards in houses we don't even own...:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:
What the heck does that even mean?
And lastly, there are more property's for rent, then there are people to rent them. as long as you have the money, there is a place you can rent.

Fake posters.
Has it ever crossed your mind that more emptys than applicants could be due to astute rental practices?

njhaute

I think the best approach here is honesty. Did you have a good relationship with your prior landlord? If you came in and said, "I just took my landlord to court because of X, Y, and Z. I normally don't do that, and I wanted to also give you the contact info for my two prior landlords", somebody will probably take the risk. Just expect to pay an extra $50-$100/month in rent and maybe be on a month-to-month contract for a while.
Thanks for the advice everyone else here, seem to know each other as if their neighbors lol..I decided to give my previous landlord as a reference instead. My current LL has no life and wants to keep me as a tenate, but don't want to make repairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">