• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evictions less than 30 days notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MonkeeJnke

My name is Kara from West Virginia. My question is this. Can a landlord give you less than 30 days to move out, if your rent is a few days late? Can someone please give me an answer to this? Is this legal, or is it true that they must give you 30 days?
Thank You,
kara

H

happylucky

I guess you have no lease........ on a month to month lease if you are late, they have to give you notice to pay, but if you dont have the money...start packing and save the aggrivation of being evicted.

With a lease they still have to evict you, but you can pay all you owe before the court date and the landlord will still have to honor the lease.

D

DSRS

I don't know if they can evict you less than 30 days if you are late several times.some aptartment have the grace period of between 1st of the month to 5th of the month without the late fee.As long you had paid the rent despite of being late.I would think that they shouldn't serve you with eviction based on that unless you are late more than certian number of days allowed after the grace period.Some apt landlord do serve the eviction notice to evacate the premises within 3 days for the non-payment rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">