• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX boyfriend won't move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terrorcat1

I live in a mobile home in NJ. My ex boyfriend won't move out. His name isn't on the title of the house or lease. The local police say it is his legal address because his mail comes here. They can't make him leave. It isn't technically and eviction because he isn't my tennant. Why can't I make him leave?

BL

I live in a mobile home in NJ. My ex boyfriend won't move out. His name isn't on the title of the house or lease. The local police say it is his legal address because his mail comes here. They can't make him leave. It isn't technically and eviction because he isn't my tennant. Why can't I make him leave?
Yes he is , you invited him in .

Evict him according to law .

HomeGuru

Change the locks...he is a guest and you need to UNINVITE him to live there.
**A: I do not agree. The boyfriend is a month to month tenant on an oral lease. Therefore written notice must be given to terminate such lease under the provisions of the NJ landlord tenant law. The police were correct as this is a civil matter.

terrorcat1

Thanks for your suggestions. I am disabled and live on a fixed income. I have a legal aid attorney working on it but it's taking a very long time. In the mean time he is abusive. I'm trying to get him out quicker. Thanks again

HomeGuru

Thanks for your suggestions. I am disabled and live on a fixed income. I have a legal aid attorney working on it but it's taking a very long time. In the mean time he is abusive. I'm trying to get him out quicker. Thanks again
**A: the legal aid attorney is abusive?

BL

In the meantime , if he gets physically abusive or is damaging property there , call the Law .

Your legal Aid Attorney should advise you also .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">