• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

excessive carpet cleaning?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chloie2003

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My old apartment is attempting to charge me $100 to clean my carpet and then $85 to shampoo it. I have never heard of such a thing. When they sent me the copy of total deductions on my security, they included an invoice for the $100 cleaning but not the $85. I sent them a written notice claiming there was an over-charge due to the lack of providing an invoice for the $85 and just yesturday two months after move out, they claim they have an invoice and will be sending it to me. If they invoice was not prviously included with all the others and is now being sent to me two months later, do I have a right to demand my $85 back, and even further, is two separate carpet cleanings on a clean carpet excessive?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

chloie2003

After taking to two business law classes and being a dedicated People's Court watcher, you think that I would have, but I didn't. I actually didn't even get to do a final walk through with them, they knew my move-out date and never sent anyone over to inspect with me. This company, primarily my property manager, has been a huge headache to work with from the start.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">