• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false pretenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eartnangel4u2c

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

Six months after moving in, we decided to get a dog. After contacting the landlord and he agreed, he failed to send me the agreement for the pet. The following month when I paid rent, he took part of my rent for the pet deposit, which after numerous emails, he agreed to extend my lease 6 months in order to pay $40/mon to cover the $400 pet deposit. In my lease it clearly states that tenent can pay $400 or $40 per month for the pet and it doesnt state whether the landlord can dictate which one the landlord will inforce. He agreed to extend the lease and allow me to pay $40 per month but hasnt adjusted the invoices accordingly. Now he has issued a court date stating rent isnt paid. What do I present to the court?

ty~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">