• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling Threatened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dragonflyz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Utah
We moved out of the house we were renting on Aug. 26th and the landlord seemed upset that we were moving after 4yrs and even more upset when she found out we were buying. She got an attitude with me and stated that she was going to "ding it" to us because she needed the money. So we waited for her to send some of our $800 deposit back and instead she sends us a bill for $898.26. The bill said that she had used all of the deposit and this is what it cost her to fix things. When we had wrote her back to ask for reciepts it seemed to upset her. She then writes us another bill and only sent two of the reciepts we requested. The bill was for more money because she said she had found more stuff that she needed to charge us for and she states in the letter if this(meaning the request for information) countinues that she has found more stuff that she will charge us for. Can she do this to us? Can she legally charge us $35 an hour for cleaning,painting etc.? And when we moved in she replaced the two front windows in the house and did not wheatherize the house causing all of the heat to go out the back windows and doors causing our heating bill to skyrocket is there anything we can do about that? When we asked her when they were going to replace them she said I never said I was going to replace those windows even though she said she would. She has since sold the house. Please help us we don't know what to do. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">