• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garage Door Repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ctstecam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois: Am I responsible for repairs to a garage door that I pay a fee for a space in? I have used the garage space for over 10 years and it has only had maintenance once and that was several years ago. This garage space fee is not included in my rental lease.

ctstecam

Am I responsible for repairs to a garage door that I pay a fee for a space in? I have used the garage space for over 10 years and it has only had maintenance once and that was several years ago. This garage space fee is not included in my rental lease.

aabbcc

If you damaged the door (such as a collision with your vehicle), you are responsible.

If parts wore out, then landlord is responsible.

What exactly is the problem.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you damaged the door (such as a collision with your vehicle), you are responsible.

If parts wore out, then landlord is responsible.

What exactly is the problem.
Unless, of course, the rental agreement for the garage states otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">