• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave 30 notice to move/now I want to renew lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NicoleT

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?AZ

I gave verbal comittment to renew when they painted cupboards during first month of 6 mo. lease, but did not sign anything. When time came to renew they offered same amount which was higher in Feb. than current Summer Specials and when I asked for Summer rate they said no. So I agreed to stay...no prob.....but then my son wanted to rent house with me so he could help me due to health issues . However the house had stairs and I could not use them....and we could not find another home to rent, so I said I would stay and he rented another apt with friend.
What can I expect from the Landlord. Can they ask even for MORE rent, or as good business decision let me renew at rent I am now paying which is more than current new tenant would pay? Lease is up 7/31/04 and I don't want to get stuck with nowhere to go.
My son signed first lease cuz I did not qualify (I am on Permanent Disability & did not qualify $$) and was in another state getting ready to move. For the same reason he will sign renewal and has left msg with Manager and is waiting to hear back...am I worried for no reason that they will make me pay more??
Thanks....Nicole

Last edited:

HomeGuru

NicoleT said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?AZ

I gave verbal comittment to renew when they painted cupboards during first month of 6 mo. lease, but did not sign anything. When time came to renew they offered same amount which was higher in Feb. than current Summer Specials and when I asked for Summer rate they said no. So I agreed to stay...no prob.....but then my son wanted to rent house with me so he could help me due to health issues . However the house had stairs and I could not use them....and we could not find another home to rent, so I said I would stay and he rented another apt with friend.
What can I expect from the Landlord. Can they ask even for MORE rent, or as good business decision let me renew at rent I am now paying which is more than current new tenant would pay? Lease is up 7/31/04 and I don't want to get stuck with nowhere to go.
My son signed first lease cuz I did not qualify (I am on Permanent Disability & did not qualify $$) and was in another state getting ready to move. For the same reason he will sign renewal and has left msg with Manager and is waiting to hear back...am I worried for no reason that they will make me pay more??
Thanks....Nicole
**A: they can increase the rent or ask that your lease not be renewed since you will be a m/m holdover tenant as of 8/1/04.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">